Furnace maintenance is an important home service designed to keep your furnace running at its best. Furnace systems work on the clock regularly, which means they need to be routinely serviced. Furnace hardware can experience wear and tear, especially during the colder months. When you schedule furnace maintenance service, it will include a thorough inspection and tune-up of your system.
It’s common for people to only schedule HVAC services when they’re experiencing an issue with their heating system. However, this results in more expensive repairs. If you keep up with annual furnace maintenance, it will ensure that your system is working properly, save you money, and give you other benefits. If you’re looking to schedule maintenance for furnaces, Top Notch Heating & Air is your team! Located in Buford, GA, we offer furnace maintenance tune ups best designed to keep your furnace working well.
Furnace Tune Ups
A furnace tune up will include a professional inspection of your furnace, as well as cleaning and lubrication of hardware. We offer both gas furnace maintenance and oil furnace maintenance near you! At Top Notch Heating & Air, our furnace tune ups include the following tasks:
Need Furnace Maintenance or Repair?
- Examining vents and air intake grilles
- Testing the blower motor
- Looking at all electrical connections
- Inspecting burner and flame sensor
- Checking belts
- Inspecting heat exchanger
- Cleaning the blower
- Calibration of thermostat
- Lubrication of all furnace hardware
- Cleaning and replacing the air filter
- Testing safety controls
With an oil or gas furnace, additional steps include:
- Inspecting fuel lines for leaks
- Examining gas pressure, the burner, and the pilot
- Inspecting the thermocouple
When to Get Furnace Tune Ups
Annually: We recommend receiving a furnace tune up near you at least once a year. If you want to keep your system running well and your indoor air quality clean, this is the best way to do that. It’s even better to receive furnace tune ups more frequently, such as 2-3 times a year.
Before the Cold Season: The best time to schedule furnace maintenance is before the winter season. When it’s cold outside, the furnace system will be running 24/7. You may consider scheduling a furnace tune-up during the fall months. This will ensure your system is ready to function well during the cold season.
Benefits of Furnace Maintenance
- Lower utility bills: Furnace maintenance will keep your system efficient, which means it will lower your utility bills.
- Increase furnace lifespan: If you maintain your furnace well, it can expand its lifespan, maximizing your investment.
- Maintaining the warranty: You may find that your furnace system includes terms for regular maintenance. If you want to keep your warranty, ensure you are receiving routine tune ups so that you have coverage if you need furnace repair.
- Fewer repairs and replacements: With furnace maintenance, issues can be found quickly, which means they’ll be repaired before becoming more serious. This also means less system failure and minimizes the need for furnace repair.
- Better indoor air quality: A well-maintained furnace will keep the indoor air quality cleaner, which means you’ll be less likely to develop colds or the flu, which spring from airborne viruses.
Furnace Maintenance Costs
Furnace maintenance costs can vary, but Top Notch Heating & Air is proud to offer affordable heating services from our professional team. Specific prices will depend on the type of furnace you have. We offer financing, which means you can receive service now and pay over time.